TRAD Creation Camp
You have all these stories in your head, but never quite know how to start or end them. You are 14, 15, maybe 16, or 17. You don’t really know whether to call yourself a writer, but you love to write! Maybe you also really love to read, or you always wanted to read, but you just needed the right push.
You needed the right book, and the right reading squad. Perhaps you just think it's time to take your writing game to a whole new level. If this is you, then TRAD is the place to be!
"In our first online Creation Camp we are dedicated to helping budding writers reach their full potential."
TRAD Creation Camp
A six week immersive experience, designed to help you grow as a writer!
Sharpen your writing skills through workshops led by renowned Canadian creators, while connecting with an amazing cohort of young writers. In our weekly book club you will get an opportunity to connect with other writers as we share our thoughts, ideas and honestly, just have some fun!
TRAD Creation Camp provides an opportunity for you to publish an original short story with us! Not only will we publish your story, but we will pay you AND create an amazing graphic cover for your work!
We will also connect you with writers from TRAD Magazine to support you along the way. Is this up your alley? Then learn more about TRAD Creation Camp below and apply today!
What you need to know
- TRAD Creation Camp is a six-week summer program featuring weekly writing development workshops and book club discussions.
- Sessions will be held every week on Wednesdays and Saturdays from July 21th to August 25th.
- Participants will be expected to create an original short story to be published in TRAD Magazine.
- We will be reading Binti by Nnedi Okorafor. A copy will be provided to Creation Camp members
- Writers will be paid for their work!
- Be a resident of Ontario, Canada, with priority spots going to residents in, Hamilton, Toronto, Ottawa and Waterloo.
- Should be 14 - 17 years old.
- Different levels of writing experience and styles are welcome. We are especially interested in creating a team of writers with prior skill, interest or experience putting together written works.
- Community is at the core of what we do. We are looking for people willing to be in community, learn together, and share collaboratively with the team.
- Be able to participate in virtual workshops on Wednesday evenings and early Saturday afternoons in July and August.